Beware of the Halls of Halloween

This “electric chair” was designed and built by Frazer winners, 4th floor north.

De'Arius Jefferson, Staff Writer

For Halloween, MSMS students decorated their dormitories, Goen and Frazer, in order to compete in the Halloween Hall Contest taking place on Oct. 31. This was a competition between the two wings on each floor of both dormitories, and the winning floor wings were given a week off from room inspections. The winner from Frazer Male Residence Hall was fourth floor North wing. The winner from Goen Female Residence Hall was fifth floor West wing.

Junior Ashley McPherson explained her experience with the event. “It was a lot of fun, it was even more fun scaring the boys when they came over to trick-or-treat.”

This competition takes place every year, and unique displays of creativity can be witnessed.

Junior Morgan Emokpae explained his excitement with everyone’s spirit. “It was fun going down the hallway being scared at the different decorations even though I didn’t participate myself.”

For those that did participate, their efforts left lasting impressions. Junior Hunter Ladner exclaimed, “We built an electric chair, dressed up as hippies, and electrocuted ourselves, all in all it was pretty fun.”

Some even went all out. Senior Hayden Stokely said, “We sat up black trash bags all over the halls, splattered red paint on the walls, we put up a couple of pumpkins and cobwebs, and we even hung up strings and yarn on the ceilings have them hang down into the hallway. We went all out decorating and trying to scare people, the Halloween tradition is one of my favorite traditions I like here, it was a lot of fun and we got to display our creativity.”