Goen Welcomes a new Community Leader

Vivian Van

Kallia Cooper, Krista Williams, and Tia Wilson practicing for the Mannequin Challenge.

Vivian Van, Student Life/Social Media Editor

In early November, Krista Williams was hired as the new Community Leader (CL) for the Goen residence hall.

Williams was born in Texas and receives attention for that fact.“People make fun of me by calling me ‘Krista Lorraine Home on the Range,’ but I like it,” Williams said.

She moved to Olive Branch, Mississippi, for her dad’s job and to start a new life, and she chose the Mississippi University for Women to be her alma mater. She graduated this past May with a Bachelor of Arts in English and a minor in religious studies.

Williams is not only available as a CL, but as a friend and a critical editor for your papers.

She hopes to continue being a CL for a few years. “It’s a nice gig with free food,” Williams added.

While being a CL, she is applying to the Asbury Theological Seminary for graduate school. She wants to go through the first few years of the basics of graduate school online, meaning that she will be able to continue working with MSMS. Her goal is to complete Master of Divinity degree.

“I want to do something in the Church. I am particularly passionate about worship, music, and just preaching in general. So I will see how that goes,” Williams explained.

When she is not prepping for graduate studies, some of Williams’s interests are drawing, coloring, making music, and spending time with her dog Lucy.

“My dog Lucy is cool and she is going to be visiting soon. She’s half cocker spaniel and half sneaky dog.”

Williams would like to tell everyone that “Everyone needs to know this quote: ‘Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible.’ That’s the Dalai Lama. If you want to know the Souther version of that quote, it’s ‘You get more flies with honey than you do vinegar.’”