The Eyes of MSMS

The Eyes of MSMS

The Eyes of MSMS

Erupting toilet floods Frazer

Seniors+Mehar+Gill+%28left%29+and+Atticus+Ross+pose+with+mops.+
Noah Lee
Seniors Mehar Gill (left) and Atticus Ross pose with mops.

Frazer Rooms 205-208 were suddenly flooded by an erupting toilet at approximately 5 p.m. on Feb. 1. Students quickly responded, assembling an army of mops and buckets while restricting water flow with towels and rugs.

Juniors Jordan Osborne (left) and Teddy Lai (center), and senior Mehar Gill mop Frazer’s flooded second floor.

Senior Ashton Taylor is a resident of Room 207. He said he was in the middle of eating dinner until he was called by his roommate. 

Taylor said his room and the surrounding halls were soaking wet, but most of his belongings were safe.

However, Taylor said the conditions were not as bad as they could’ve been. 

“Luckily, we got buckets and every mop we could find,” Taylor said. “We just started pushing [the water] to keep it from the elevator.”

Taylor said the evening’s escapades forced him to move to Room 224.

“After a long chant of the national anthem that really pulled me through the tough times of the entire flood,” Taylor said. “So now I’m at Buffalo Wild Wings eating away my pain of my room being flooded.”