Stepping Up: Preparation is the Key

Georgia Tucker

The Standardized Testing, Examination and Preparation club, also known as the STEP club, is in full swing preparing our MSMS students. The STEP club, not to be confused with the Step team, which was created by alumnae Maliah Wilkinson.

STEP meets on Mondays from 4 – 5 p.m. in Mrs. Zarandona’s room for lectures or practice tests, and on Wednesdays from 7 – 8:30 p.m. for questions or help. President Vivian Van invites all juniors and seniors to come and get help if they need it.

Throughout the upcoming semester the club will focus on lectures given by Mrs. Z and seminars for particular subjects. Van is hoping to figure out and upcoming seminar very soon. She says that the goal of this club is “to provide people with a specific time to sit down and study for a specific standardized test.”

“It is also a club to provide people with tutors to ask questions,” Van said. If you are preparing for an upcoming ACT or the upcoming PSAT, the STEP club could be your key to improvement and success.

“Seeing the tutors interact and bring clarification to the students make it worth it. My tutors enjoy helping people also,” Van said. A goal for this club as the year progresses is to possibly expand from MSMS students and begin to outreach to the community. She also encourages anyone who is interested in being a tutor to email her!