Blu Diamondz Plan to “Step” Up Their Game

Ms.+LaToya+Bledsoe+and+students+after+the+Blu+Diamondz+practice.+

De'Arius Jefferson

Ms. LaToya Bledsoe and students after the Blu Diamondz practice.

Likhitha Polepalli, Staff Writer

The Blue Diamonds has started the year off strong with a rigorous practice schedule and anticipation for the year ahead. The MSMS girls’ dance team specializing in step began their first whole week of practice last week. With many new ideas in mind and a determined spirit, the team is promising to “step” up their game to a new and improved level.

Ta’Kiya Moore, the president of Blue Diamonds, commented about their plans this year. “Last year we competed in two competitions and won one, so this year we are planning on competing more.”

She also talked about other projects the Blue Diamonds will be taking this year.“Blue Diamonds is planning on doing more community service this year, such as volunteering at nursing homes and spreading happiness. We are also planning on working more with the boys’ step team, Blue Knights, and bringing more attention to the step team. Our motive this year is to show the community that MSMS is not only about Math and Science, but that we do more things such as dancing.”

Moore also mentioned that their first step show will be held on October 21st at the Fright Fest.

Leigh Motes, who started participating in Blue Diamonds this year, commented about why she wants to be in the step club. “Being in a team and working as one while making memories is why I joined.”

All the new members of Blue Diamonds are getting their first taste of step and are enjoying the process. As new recruits work diligently to memorize routines and seasoned Blue Diamonds come up with more innovative ways to get involved, the year ahead looks promising- and filled with fun and success. Hopefully, Blue Diamonds will accomplish all their dreams this year.