Student Spotlight

Lilah Denton

Lilah Denton models her art.

Vivian Van, Student Life/Social Media Editor

The Vision is back with a student spotlight! Here are a few characteristics as hints for you to take a guess at who it is:

• She is seventeen years old.
  • She is a senior at MSMS.
  • Her hometown is in Richland, MS (not Ridgeland).
  • She has a dog that is a Boxer named Bosco.
  • Her favorite band is Panic! At The Disco.
  • She is a supporter of the LGBTQ Community.
  • She loves brownies.
  • She has seven siblings.
  • Her favorite color is grey.
  • She loves cute and fluffy animals.
  • Her Instagram username is @pretty.odd.makeup

She is none other than Lilah Denton! Lilah is a creative, intelligent, and artistic individual here at MSMS. She can be seen walking around campus with her artwork wherever she goes. Where exactly does she carry her work, you may ask? It’s on her face!

Lilah’s choice of art medium is makeup. She uses everything from jet black liquid lipstick to a stainless steel mixing palette. Her go-to product is loose powder, but her

Lilah with playful colors

favorite part of makeup is playing around with various shades of eyeshadows.

Aside from cosmetics, Lilah is interested in science. This fall, Lilah will be enrolling at the University of Southern Mississippi. She plans to double major in chemistry and biology with a focus in microbiology. With these degrees, she aspires to become a cosmetic chemist.

She wants to formulate cosmetics and work with cruelty-free companies. Her ultimate goal is to start her own makeup line and be a makeup artist at her own company.

For now, Lilah practices her art on paper and people who volunteer to model for her. If you are bored one weekend, she is more than happy to practice her skill with you. She also provides makeup services for people during dances such as Winter Formal and Prom.

Below are some pictures of Lilah’s work.

Lilah Denton
Lilah’s blue shadows
Lilah Denton
Playful colors
Lilah Denton
A fierce purple look