Two Swim Meets in Tupelo

Michelle Li/ The Vision

Angie Harri’s swim suit, cap, and goggles used at each meet.

Michelle Li, Sports Editor

The MSMS Blue Waves Swim team traveled to Tupelo to compete in the meet hosted by Tupelo High School on Sep. 29.

Captain Rhett Hailey said, “I think the team did well with a couple of best times, but there is definitely room for improvement. I think if more people attended practice, there would be even better results at our meets. ”

Senior Mary Madeline LaMastus said, “The meet was great and this is my last meet before North State. I think I did well in my two events the 100 Yard Freestyle and 100 Yard Backstroke, and I’m really looking forward to competing at State!”

Starkville High School was also a competitor at the meet.

The results for the Tupelo meet have not been released yet.

MSMS Blue Waves Swim team traveled to Tupelo again on Oct. 6 to compete in a relatively small meet with only five MSMS swimmers in attendance: Sydney Melton, Shelbi Allen, Lawrence Austin, Ben Jones and Tyler Hartman.

Melton, a senior, said, “This was our last meet before North State, so I’m really looking forward to that! I hope I can cut my time more on the 100 Yard Freestyle before State, so I’ll definitely be working harder at practice to achieve that.”

Tupelo and Louisburg were among the teams at the meet.  

The results have not yet been released.

From top left: Sydney Melton, Lawrence Austin, Shelbi Allen, Ben Jones, and Tyler Hartman pose together at Tupelo swim meet.
Shelbi Allen/The Vision