Revived Yearbook Club Begins Recording

Chief editor of the events section, McKenzie Jones, prepares for a yearbook meeting.

Mariat Thankachan

Mariat Thankachan, Photography Editor

For many years, MSMS has been deprived of yearbook publications due to rising complications; however, this year, one young man pursued his desire to produce a yearbook and is currently making his dream a reality.

Senior Class President Mayukh Datta brainstormed innovative ideas this year to ensure that his class would stand out from the rest. A yearbook is an ideal way of going about doing that since it is evidence of all the memorable times shared and a ticket to the past long gone.

Datta described his reasons for establishing a yearbook club by saying, “For the past two years, there hasn’t been a student-led drive for creating a yearbook, and I just figured the class of 2017 needs something cool and something to hold onto after we graduate. That’s where the plans for the yearbook came up.”

The hectic rush to collect information about the school’s countless clubs and take pictures of students before this school year concludes puts intense pressure on the club members.

“Members of the club have recently created Tree Ring accounts, the technology we’re going to use to make the yearbook. We’ve sorted ourselves into groups such as juniors, seniors, events, and sports and are beginning the process of collecting and taking pictures,” says club member Sam Matrisciano.

Nisa Moody, the club sponsor, states that “our goal is to not hate each other because we only have 71 days to finish the yearbook.”

Junior student, Micah Robinson, talks about her excitement of having a yearbook by saying, “I love the idea of a yearbook. I mean this is the last most important years of our school life. I just wish the club was around sooner.”

A yearbook is undeniably a creation that the student population is eagerly looking forward to.