Where Are Your Secondary Sources?

Maliah Wilkinson/The Vision

University English II reminder about the research papers.

Maliah Wilkinson, Staff Writer

The MSMS senior year fall research paper is know by many names such as “the bringer of destruction,” “life lost” and “suffering incarnate.” The 8-10-page literary analysis of a published work by a Scottish or British author with other course-based requirements, has caused many students to quake in their boots and procrastinate more than normal. With the deadline quickly approaching, some students are not only struggling to find material for secondary sources, but some even struggling to read their books or poems. These primary sources include titles such as, The Wasp Factory, The Life of Pi, The Twelfth Night, and several of Shakespeare’s Sonnets.

Ayana Love, said, “I already turned mine in. I’m straight.” Love’s early submission is a testament to hard work and determination.

Tiana Spivey said, “It’s going to be a long long journey ahead.” As a student in University English II, Spivey’s paper has to be a minimum of 10 pages unlike her British Literature counterparts who to completer what most view to be equally stressful eight pages. A University English II student is required to have at least a 25 on the ACT: taking this advanced level course provides its students six college semester hours of credits at the Mississippi University for Women.

Nikita Harris, said, “My research paper is like riding a bike. It’s hard at first, but it gets easier as time goes on.”