Mirror Mirror, on the Wall, “Who is the Fairest College of Them All?”

Rhet+Hailey+%28right%29+speaks+with+Lauren+Chatelain+%28left%29%2C+an+MSMS+alumni+and+a+representative+for+the+University+of+Southern+Mississippi%2C+while+at+the+College+Fair.+

West Givens/The Vision

Rhet Hailey (right) speaks with Lauren Chatelain (left), an MSMS alumni and a representative for the University of Southern Mississippi, while at the College Fair.

Maliah Wilkinson, Staff Writer

Mississippi School for Mathematics and Science hosted its 2015 college fair on Oct. 5, featuring more than 30  colleges from Mississippi and surrounding state who presented information about themselves in Pohl gym. All MSMS students were in attendance and learned a lot about the various institutions present. Before the College Fair the students were provided with lists of questions to ask as well as factors to consider when choosing a college or university. Among colleges and universities in attendance were Mississippi State University, The University of Southern Mississippi, Xavier University, Rhodes College and Millsaps College.

Dr. Ty Crook, an MSMS counselor, experienced his first MSMS college fair and is grateful for everyone’s help in preparing for this event. “I feel the college fair was an overwhelming success. Many students took advantage of the opportunities offered and hopefully learned something about college that they didn’t know before,” Crook stated.

Ari Jefferson, a MSMS senior, has attended the college fair in both her junior and senior years. She said, “I’m glad MSMS gave us the opportunity to network with so many colleges and universities. This has been a very enlightening experience, the fair has encouraged me to put more effort into finding the right college for me.” Jefferson plans to attend college to become a doctor.

With college steadily approaching, the College Fair provides students an opportunity to not just learn about colleges and universities but also future career paths.

Chinwe Udemgba, a MSMS junior said, “It broadened my list of available colleges. The fair showed me that there are more than just Mississippi colleges out there.” Udemgba plans to become an anatomical pathologist.