Ending our Beginning the School Year

+MSMS+girls+gather+wellness+points+before+the+end+of+the+nine+weeks

Shelbi Allen/ The Vision

MSMS girls gather wellness points before the end of the nine weeks

Christian Donoho, News Editor

Last minute assignments, tests and projects are on the way as the first quarter draws to a close. Soon, last minute grades will be placed into the gradebook and students will be get a diagnosis on the state of their grades.

For some seniors, the nine weeks ending is a milestone in the march toward graduation. The hard work has paid off but many feel it is a sobering reminder of the work still to be done.

“I am glad that the nine weeks is ending but at the same time I am not happy that it is ending. I feel that my grades could’ve been better than what they are. Seeing how there are only three more nine-weeks left in the school year, it is bittersweet. I am ready to graduate but at the same time I am going to miss my friends afterwards,” said Kameron Chow.

However, some seniors seem to be numbed at this point, and are trying to block the pain of their academic lives. “I am happy because Ole Miss is one week closer to winning a national championship. Grades are unimportant as long as Chad Kelly is throwing touchdowns,” said Cole Borek.

The junior class has had a very different experience. For them, the first nine weeks at MSMS is a time to adapt to new teachers, friends and increased workloads.

“This first nine weeks has certainly given me a reality check. It has taken a while to adjust to how fast the classes go, but I’ve been catching up. The second nine weeks will definitely be better than the first,” said Cloie Garris

Conner McCartney agreed: “This nine weeks has been a very interesting one.  I feel as if my grades could have been better.  I’m looking forward to next nine weeks and I feel that I will be better prepared now.”

For seniors, the first nine weeks has been about getting back into the routines that they learned to handle last year. For juniors, there is a hope that they will be able to bear the many responsibilities as a student much more efficiently and that the next quarters will yield better grades and more learning because of it.