RA Focus: Christian Bradley Shares His Story

Christian Bradley relaxes on the Mississippi University for Women's campus.

Courtesy of Christian Bradley

Courtesy of Christian Bradley

Aurelia Caine, Sports Editor

This week’s RA spotlight focuses on Christian R. Bradley.

A little over 23 years ago, he was born to Tunisia A. Bradley and Christopher D. Wells on June 21st. Bradley grew up in Reform, Alabama and attended Pickens County High School. While in high school, he participated in the band as a trumpet player, tuba player and drum major. Once he graduated in 2012, Bradley continued to Mississippi University for Women.

Making it this far was not easy for Bradley. Like many people, he has had to overcome a countless barriers.

“My childhood and the way I was raised has molded me into who I am today.” Bradley added, “A few people in my family went to college, but very few have actually graduated. Because of that, I was always pushed to succeed.”

Two years ago, Bradley applied to be a resident assistant after being informed of the position by Emmanuel Moore, another Frazer Hall RA.

Bradley  expressed, “MSMS has just felt like family every since I joined.”

There are not really any negative things that he can think of about being a residential assistant.

“The best part about being a RA is the relationship that you build with everyone, from your coworkers to the students,” declared Bradley.

From time to time, Bradley helps out the MSMS male step team, Blu Knightz, with steps and strolls. Being a member of the Alpha Omicron Alpha chapter of Phi Beta Sigma, Bradley has experience with these activities.

“Christian is a very helpful advisor to Blu Knightz. He gives critiques that the Blu Knightz appreciates very much,” said Blu Knightz President Carey Williams.

The role that he plays not only impacts the students, but the young students also impact him.

Bradley admits, “Being a RA changed me because it gave me an opportunity to enhance my passion for working with the youth of today.”

Bradley is also a true help to his coworkers on a daily basis.

Frazer RA James Jourdan explained, “He is very dependable; I can rely on him whenever I need him. We have an agreement that we help each other out when it may be needed.”

When he was in the education program, Bradley taught 11th and 12th grade civics and economics at Columbus High School.

Bradley shared, “I had a troublesome student that I had to pull aside and give a quick talk to one day outside of class. That same student invited me to his graduation because he said that just that small conversation made a big difference in his life.”

Currently, Bradley is majoring in Social Science and minoring in Political Science.

Bradley is a fan of all kinds of music like gospel and old school. He loves to dance and play bass guitar, lead guitar, keyboard and the drums for his church, New Life Missionary Baptist Church. Bradley plans to get his master’s in Public Administration, but he is not quite sure where yet. Wherever he goes, he is determined to succeed. Not to mention, his favorite quote is “Hustle until your haters ask if you are hiring.”

Although Bradley will be graduating very soon, he will not forget anything that he has gained from MSMS.

“My time at MSMS is coming to an end, and I’m really going to miss everyone that I have grown to know and love.”

Aurelia Caine, Sports Editor

Hello everyone! My name is Aurelia Caine, some may know me by Scooby, and I’m the Sports Editor of The Vision. I enjoy playing multiple sports and hanging out with friends and family. I serve in positions in several clubs like Voices in Harmony, Future Business Leaders of America, Black Students Alliance, and Blu Diamondz. After I graduate from MSMS in May 2018, I plan to continue to college and prepare to be a physical therapist!

1 Comment

One Response to “RA Focus: Christian Bradley Shares His Story”

1. Glenda Pate on December 12th, 2017 7:12 pm

Congratulations! You were always a special young man as a student at RES….so proud of your accomplishments!

• RA Focus: Christian Bradley Shares His Story

Student Life

FCS holds Biannual Bake Sale

Student Life

Vivia Davis: Dandy at Vandy

Student Life

Samantha Anderson: Madame President and National Merit Scholar

Student Life

ASA Wellness Seminar Proves Everything’s Better with Boba

Student Life

Senior Spotlight: Sara Scott

Student Life

National Merit Spotlight: Helen Peng

MSMS Junior Class Officers Announced

Student Life

Physics Club Hosts First Tutorials for AP I Test

Student Life

National Merit Semifinalist: Hamilton Wan

Student Life

Cassian Shanahan: A Shining Man