The Yearbook Team Gets an Early Start

Aurelia Caine

President Hayden Stokley explains the different tasks associated with the process of constructing the yearbook.

Aurelia Caine, Sports Editor

The MSMS Yearbook Club is preparing to take everyone’s fun memories and put them on paper.

Thursday night, Goen Residence Hall’s lobby filled with eager juniors and seniors who were ready to be informed on what all the club had in store. Though many people could not attend due to other club meetings, President Hayden Stokley still gave the crowd great incite.

When asked what was the general purpose of the club, Stokley said, “The purpose of Yearbook Club is to preserve the memories of the school year. We want the events, excitement, and fun to be showcased in a book that can be saved and re-read twenty and thirty years in the future.” She also added, “We want to ensure that the year is unforgettable, while also working together as a team and community to highlight the most important moments.”

During the first meeting, the main discussion was about the goals for the year and the process of making the yearbook. While looking through the different sections of the yearbook and the jobs associated with them, students had the chance to decide which job they were interested in doing. They were given several tasks to pick from, including photography, page design, club pages, sports pages, and more.

Stokley revealed how anxious she is to initiate the process of constructing the yearbook.

“I’m really excited to get started working on the yearbook. We have a lot to do to ensure it’s the best it can be, so beginning early is crucial. As a senior, this school year has a tremendous amount of importance tied to it, and I can’t wait to begin working with the club to share these memories,” exclaimed Stokley.

Not only is the president excited, but senior Anjeli Hoskins is also enthusiastic about being a part of the yearbook team this year.

Hoskins said, “I am very excited that we started early this year because now that we did, we will have a better composition and thought than we did last year.” Additionally, she expressed, “I also feel that last year’s yearbook is going to be very influential to this year’s. I cannot wait to see the pictures I take and edit be featured in the yearbook.”