Students Enjoy a Night of Dancing

Margarete Ellis

Juniors and seniors come together for a fun Saturday night filled with music and dance

Beckett Voges-Haupt, Sports Editor

MSMS hosted the annual back-to-school dance in Hogarth Auditorium on Saturday, August 12. The first dance of the year offered a fun environment for the juniors to adjust to the unfamiliar atmosphere and for the seniors to kick off a new school year.

Hogarth Auditorium served as a temporary dance floor due to the ongoing renovation of Shackleford Auditorium. Shackleford Auditorium is receiving necessary upgrades, including an updated stage, new lighting and overall layout redesign. Students are excited and hopeful that these changes will be finished for upcoming dances.

MSMS senior Anna Mynatt lightened the spirit for the juniors.

“I love the dances here because you can just get out of your comfort zone and have a good time. It’s okay if you can’t dance too because pretty much nobody here can dance,” Mynatt stated.

“The first dance was a really good ice-breaker for most students. I thought it went well and it was extremely fun. About halfway through the dance, after the famous Blue Knights stroll, I ripped my shirt off and got covered in silver glitter,” senior David Thaggard said.

“My favorite part about the dance was a little after everyone showed up and we were all just having fun and dancing together. Shack would be a lot nicer for the dance because of the space it has,” senior Drew Lindsay said.

Junior Arin Kelly described her first MSMS dance as a positive experience. “My first dance at MSMS was a lot of fun. It was a great way for juniors and seniors to meet. It was a good start to the year and it made me look forward to my next two years at MSMS,” Kelly explained.

Margarete Ellis
MSMS students enjoy a night of fun dancing and relaxation.

Mariat Thankachan
Mariat Thankachan
Mariat Thankachan
Mariat Thankachan
Mariat Thankachan
Mariat Thankachan
Mariat Thankachan