Soccer Season Warms Up With Indoor Night Practices

Rachel Bobo, Editor-In-Chief

IMG_4770 (1)                                                                                                                          Rachel Bobo/The Vision
While the soccer season does not officially begin until after tryouts later in the fall, MSMS students interested in running up and down the field representing the Blue Waves teams are congregating nightly at Stark Recreation.  Under the fluorescent gym lights, the soccer fanatics practice passing and dribbling in drills in preparation for the upcoming season.

IMG_4778                                                                                                                         Rachel Bobo/The Vision

Dodging the volley ball net in the small gym at Stark Recreation center, the male MSMS students interested in soccer assemble around the free throw line.  Boys’ Team Captain Kobe Van Someren compressed the field-sized drills to fit the wood-floored practice space

IMG_4777                                                                                                                       Rachel Bobo/The Vision

Girls’ Team Captain Madeline Mixon sprints across the indoor court in a blur of turquoise while introducing some soccer team hopefuls to the concepts of several basic drills.