Campus Crusades Sells Treats for T-Shirts

Vivienne Tenev

Kate Shelton sits at the bake sale table.

Vivienne Tenev, Assistant Photography Editor

Anyone who stopped by Hooper Lobby on Tuesday was greeted by a table filled with home-baked treats. The table was run by members of the Campus Crusades Club (CRU), a Christian Bible study and community service club, who sold their goods throughout the school day.

The club had a variety of treats, from brownies and bars to chocolate chip cookies and red velvet cupcakes, each homemade by a club member.

For most of the day, students could pay one dollar for each baked good. At 2:15 p.m., an e-mail was sent out announcing that the price had been lowered to 50 cents per treat.

Senior Kate Shelton, one of the CRU members running the table, said that the bake sale was a fundraiser for club t-shirts. “We’ve done this since last year, so it’s kind of carried over into this year,” she said. “Different people in the club make things and bring it in, and we sell all of it.”

Kate Shelton said that the sale raised over $100, enough to fund club t-shirts.

Junior and member of CRU, Sydney (Sam) Matrisciano, said that about five or six people usually bake for the fundraiser. “You just volunteer, and the leader sends out an email,” she said. “Next year we’ll probably host more bake sales, but we’re done for this for this year.”

When asked if she thought the bake sale was a success, Sam replied, “Of course! We raised our money, and it always gets good feedback from the students.”