Enter If You Dare: MSMS Celebrate Halloweeen

Courtesy of Latoya Bledsoe

MSMS invite sent out to students for inter hall trick or treating.

Maliah Wilkinson, Staff Writer

Halloween is a momentous time of year at the Mississippi School for Mathematics and Science, maybe more important than the last day of finals, for some students MSMS students have been flocking to Walmart and any other store available to buy last minute candy. Friday (October 30) promised to be an eventful day in the MSMS community for busy students.

Some of the events that took place included inter-dorm trick or treating, a halloween dance, and a costume contest. Many dorms halls in Goen and Frazer began decorating for inner-dorm trick or treating on Wednesday. Bloodied trash bags, haunted balloons, and never-ending spiderwebs are only some of the horrors that awaited those who dared to venture in Goen Hall.

Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble.

— MacBeth

Greg Billingsley, a MSMS junior said, “The inner hall trick or treating was fun. I got lots of candy and I gave a lot too.”

MSMS students visited Goen and Frazer in groups and were surprised to find zombies, ghost, vampires and, scariest of them all,  the Ramen-givers. Goen vibed with the harmonic sounds of Fetty Wap and Frazer was littered with what only can be described as the leftovers of last Christmas.

Mikel Sandifer, another MSMS junior said, “The dance was okay, but the trick or treating was best.”

The dance, with DJ Connor Bluntson, lasted for two hours in upstairs Shack and included a costume contest. MSMS students were graced with the presences of Drake, the Joker, TLCD, Hannah Montana and a Princess. Several contest winners were announced but the prize was awarded to Spongebob’s very own . . . Mermaidman and Barnacleboy, Katie Stovall and Rachel Vance.

Summar McGee, a MSMS senior, served as DJ for Third East in Goen. McGee said, “It was great to hang out with everyone for Halloween. My friends and I had a great time and we made a lot of memories for our 10-year reunion.”