MSMS is Ready to Get Spoopy with Halloween Plans

Rachel Bobo/The Vision

While individual wings of Goen and Frazer will not be competitively decorating this year, the lobby of Goen is festively decorated with pumpkins and a zombie mummy

Carly Sneed, Online Editor

As Oct 31 approaches, students are preparing to be the spoopiest they can be. However, the question has arisen: how spoopy (spoopy being a common misspelling of “spooky” on social media) will school be?

Many seniors can remember the Halloween celebrations of last year. With a wing decoration contest and inter-dorm trick or treating, costumes and candy abounded. But many rumors have spread about this year’s celebration. Will there be inter-dorm trick or treating? When is the dance? Will Halloween be spoopy at all?

Fear not: Tanya Walker of the Department of Student Affairs says Halloween is on.

In response to the rumors about low numbers of residence hall staff, Walker says that inter-dorm trick or treating is on, however, “We are short-staffed so it will be done a little bit different this year.” This year groups will be lead by a staff tour guide through the dorms, as the guys travel through the girls’ dorm and vice versa. Walker says that an email detailing the procedure will come out soon.

Another change to the procedure is the end of the decoration contests,”because we are short on staff at this time,” according to Walker.

Also, another object of great debate has been the date of the Halloween dance. Last year, the dance was held Thursday. According to Walker, this year’s dance will be held on Oct. 30, a Friday. Students seem to have mixed feelings about this.

Junior Rebe Chen said, “I feel that is inconvenient for those who have to go home and want to go.”

Senior Angie Harri, who attended the dance last year, said, “I don’t like that it’s on a Friday night because I have State Meet the following morning, but I think I’ll live since we have a lot of other dances at MSMS. “

Walker added, “I appreciate the student body understanding that we are short-staffed and knowing we are doing all we can do at this time. We strive to provide as many activities as we can for the students at MSMS. We want all students to fun with the Halloween activities this year. Happy Halloween!”