The Vision Opens To Visitors With Pizza and Articles

Rachel Bobo/The Vision

The staff of MSMS’s student news publication also plan to display their new equipment used weekly in publication.

Rachel Bobo, Editor-In-Chief

On Monday, Oct. 19 at 5:30 p.m., the staff of The Vision is hosting a journalism open house for interested or curious MSMS students. To debut the new Fourth Estate Club, a student organization focused on media convergence, and reveal the publication process for The Vision, the typical ninth period meeting time will have an open door policy on Monday so other students can experience student journalism.  

Because the publication date of The Vision has been shifted to Monday weekly, visitors will also get to witness the busy final stages of the publication process and the shared sigh of relief after issue approval and mass email notification. While the current staff of 11 student journalists publish multiple stories weekly, the open house is also intended to increase staff numbers.

As a recruitment tool, the open house is intended to increase interest in The Vision, especially among the junior class of MSMS. To ensure continued growth for MSMS’s only student news publication and to increase the ranks of student journalists for next year, this open house will also serve as a recruitment event. Students interested in joining the staff will be able to write for The Vision while earning club credit.

Visiting students are also welcome to share new ideas, along with pizza and snacks, with MSMS student journalists. As a student publication, The Vision should represent many of the facets of MSMS life, so suggestions for feature, student life-focused stories, editorials, or standing information pages will be welcomed.

After reporting on some of the many ongoings within the MSMS community, The Vision staff hopes to inform curious readers more about the online publications inner workings. On Monday Oct. 19, the staff hopes to welcome some of their classmates and peers to learn more about student journalism at MSMS while enjoying pizza and snacks.