Arielle Hudson is Thankful for MSMS

The 2016 graduate of MSMS, Ariel Hudson.

Jessikah Morton, Staff Writer

Arielle Hudson is an MSMS alumna who graduated in the class of 2016. She now attends the University of Mississippi in Oxford. There she double majors in secondary English and political science with an endorsement in history. This seems like an unconventional path after leaving a math and science school, but her time at MSMS inspired her decisions.

“I didn’t follow the STEM route, simply because I am more so of a humanities-type person. I’ve always loved English and law, and I grew up wanting to be a teacher my whole life. By participating in Mock Trial at MSMS, I solidified my interests in law and my aspirations to become an Attorney.”

Not only did MSMS help her realize what she wanted to major in in college but also prepared her for future leadership roles that she would eventually take on in college.

“I participated in Mock Trial my junior and senior year as a lawyer. My senior year I served as one of the captains. I also was a member of Blu Diamondz my junior year and served as vice-president my senior year. I also petitioned to have the Cheer club back my junior year, which was successful. I served as co-captain my junior year and captain my senior year.”

She says that having all of these leadership positions helped her develop her communication skills and flower socially. Public speaking was also another thing that became easier for her after holding these positions at MSMS. This shaped her to become a very active member on her campus.

The leadership positions Hudson held also made her comfortable with speaking up for issues and to reach whatever goal she creates.

“They also encouraged me to always go after what I want, even if the requirements or a person tell me no or that I am not capable. They showed me that anything is possible if you ask and if you try.”

MSMS has opened so many doors for Hudson and she appreciates all of the opportunities MSMS has afforded her.

“MSMS is what gave me the opportunity to go to college for free. Many of the things that I do now and the people that I’ve met would not have been possible without me attending MSMS. MSMS also connected me with my mentor, Scott Colom, who continues to have a huge impact in my life.”