FCS holds Biannual Bake Sale

Camryn Mason sells baked goods for FCSs bake sale.

Courtesy of Jack Shelton

Camryn Mason sells baked goods for FCS’s bake sale.

On Tuesday, October 11th, the Fellowship of Christian Students held a bake sale to raise funds for club operations.

The bake sale on Wednesday was comprised of a desert-covered table set up in Hooper lobby overseen by various members of FCS throughout the school day, and each item cost $1.

The club holds a bake sale every semester to try and mitigate the costs of club activities for its members.

Club sponsor Mrs. Kaye Truitt spoke on the bake sell and reason behind it.

“We’ve done it the past four or five years, once a semester.It’s usually something we hold right after an extended weekend because it’s easy for the students to go home and come back with some good, homemade things after being stuck in the dorms most of the time”

According to the club members working the sale, there was no shortage of interest from students or faculty.

“People seemed pretty eager to help out the club,” said junior FCS member Russell Thompson.

“The school is kind of like a community, I guess. We all help each other out. There’s been several people, especially adults, that’ve come by and asked questions about the club, the fundraiser and how we’re going to use the funds”

In addition to holding meetings every Tuesday night in the student lounge of Hooper, FCS also takes several trips off campus every year, such as going to concerts (like the one at Mississippi State University they attended earlier this year), movies or the Country Pumpkins pumpkin patch in Caledonia.

The Fellowship of Christian Students is a club whose goal has been  to provide a community for the Christian students at MSMS and promote communication between them. It has a current membership of over thirty students. If the name of the club is unfamiliar to people who have left MSMS in recent years, this is because the name has undergone a change.

“In the past it’s been called “CRU” (which stood for Christ (Revived) Us),” said Senior Jack Shelton, the student president of FCS, “But this year we changed the name because not that many people knew what CRU was. So, we changed it to Fellowship of Christian Students, or FCS, which is a little bit more self-explanatory.”

At press time, the club did not have concrete plans for future events.