Drew Lindsay Shines under the Student Spotlight

River Gordon

Drew Lindsay poses for the Vision staff.

Timothy Lewis, Staff Writer

Senior Drew Lindsay’s reason for joining MSMS is one that many of its student share: enhanced educational quality and a desire for a diverse experience.

“I feel like MSMS just a potential for greatness that my home school just didn’t. My favorite thing about this place is the people. I really appreciate how you learn to coexist and work out your differences with other people since you’re in a dorm. Living with other people also lets you build better relationships, which is an opportunity you wouldn’t get in most other places.”

Originally from Salina, Kansas, Drew has spent his latest high school years in Grenada, Mississippi, where he attended Kirk Academy.

Even from a young age, he was always interested in technology and tinkering with various things.  So, when he came to MSMS, he decided to start up an IT club.  Drew intends to specialize in cybersecurity as a career and wishes to become a contractor for the National Security Agency.

“I think people need to learn more about technology, especially in this day and age, which is really the main reason I founded the club.”

However nerdy one might consider running a technology club to be, Drew is also an athlete, playing on last year’s MSMS soccer team.  Besides being in the IT Club, Drew is also active in the Model Security Council.

His favorite class so far at MSMS was Ecology, and his favorite teacher is Dr. Bill Odom.

“Dr. Odom and I just really connect well, and we have pretty much the same sense of humor. I always work well in his classes.”

Some of Drew’s hobbies include tinkering with computers and solving Rubik’s Cubes.  Drew’s favorite food is macaroni and cheese, and his favorite color is blue; he likes to listen to rock music in his free time, as well.  While admittedly not fond of reading often, Drew’s favorite genre is mystery, with his favorite book being “And Then There Were None,” by Agatha Christie.

At home, he has one dog, a Shih Tzu, named Lucy.

Drew looks forward to finishing his senior year at MSMS and plans on attending Kansas State University once he does.