Student Spotlight: Kendra Bradley

Kendra+Bradley

Sage Schaumburg

Kendra Bradley

Sage Schaumburg, Entertainment Editor

Many of you have seen a short senior with orange-brown hair walking the halls of MSMS. Perhaps you have a class with her. Perhaps you’ve never talked to her in your life.

Either way, Kendra Bradley is someone you will (rightly) get to know through this article.

My first question for Kendra was, of course, asking her favorite color. The answer: orange, or, more specifically, coral because “it’s pretty and it’s bright.”  This seemed to fit Kendra’s spirited personality (and orange hair) perfectly as she laughed and smiled throughout the interview.

If you’re in an upper level chemistry class, chances are you’ve at least bumped into Kendra. It’s her favorite subject. Kendra took AP Chemistry and AP Biology and achieved an impressive record in both classes during her junior year. This is no surprise, of course. Kendra wants to be a neonatologist, a genetic engineer, or a cancer biologist after college. She is currently shadowing a local nurse practitioner through MSMS’s mentorship program, which is sponsored by Dr. Kayla Hester.

But if Chemistry isn’t your thing, that’s cool too. Kendra participates in Astronomy Club, Cross Country, Strings Club (where she plays the french horn, naturally), and Mu Alpha Theta, where she is Historian.

If math isn’t your strong-suit, Kendra tutors for Mu Alpha Theta on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Kendra is also MSMS’s resident hair stylist. A throng of girls can be found in her room before school dances getting updos, accent braids, and everything in between. Most of these are by appointment and cost $10 a piece. Kendra puts “a lot of product and a lot of time” into these hairstyles for her peers. Sarah Swiderski gave testament to this dedication, saying “She started throwing up while doing my hair for Prom, but she stuck it through and finished.”

She has an Instagram account dedicated to the lovely updos [@kbbhair], where people can view her stunning creations.

I asked Kendra to tell me something interesting about herself, to which she replied, “I don’t know. I mean, I broke my toe this summer. *laughs* That’s pretty cool.”

She also informed me that she has two “really fat” cats named Brudder and Sissy (“but it’s backwards; Brudder’s a girl”).

To tie up the interview, I asked the question you’ve all been dying to know Kendra’s answer to: What do you love about MSMS?

Laughing, Kendra answers, “I love that it’s pretty collaborative, and the fact that you can come to my room, and we can just chill. I really like that.”.