CRU Conducts First Meeting

Pal Patel

CRU members sing with the lyrics proudly displayed on Hooper Lobby’s whiteboard.

Micah Robinson, Opinion Editor

If you haven’t heard, the Crusaders are here–just less crusade and more acceptance, support and charity.

MSMS’s CRU is not affiliated with the college Campus Crusaders organization; it’s an independent group of leaders. Which is exactly why some years back Mrs. Kaye Truitt shortened the name to CRU.

The campus Crusaders are a club of devout leaders hoping to help “students invest in their walk with Christ,” according to senior encouragement leader Calisa Henry. In their one-hour meeting, the club centered on prayer and service topics, but didn’t neglect some song and praise.

Res Life team member Ms. Krista Loraine and Sponsor Mrs. Truitt started the meeting, last Monday night in Hooper Lobby, with songs for all to jump in and their guitars as accompaniment. The whiteboard in Hooper lobby became a lyric display thanks to senior finance and tech leader Daniel Smothers. This is just another depiction of the inclusive fellowship CRU upholds that Mrs. Truitt and the student leaders want to maintain.

Henry, Smothers, and Mrs.Truitt want “anyone and everyone to come and join if they’d like,” as the club is here as a  “confidential support group.”

In addition to being a community on campus, the club is planning on doing service projects for the Columbus community. Ideas are still developing, but the student leaders do ask that any ideas be emailed to either Calisa Henry, Angeli Hoskins, Sydney Matrisciano, Daniel Smothers, or Sabrina Williams.

CRU is hoping to make a change in the lives of all in our community.