MSMS Takes On Halloween

Beckett Voges-Haupt, Assistant Copy Editor

halloween  Halloween weekend is a very memorable and fun event for MSMS. From Halloween dances, to inter-hall trick or treating, the students always seem to remember the Halloween weekend over any other. Starting on Saturday, October 29th with a dance in Shackleford, the MSMS students dressed up and danced the night away from 8:00-11:00pm. Then inter-hall trick or treating followed on Monday, October 31st.

The Halloween Dance/Creepy Tooth Fairy Costume Party was the highlight of Saturday for many students. MSMS senior Dustin Dunaway said, “The Halloween dance was the best dance so far. The costumes make it really fun and when the DJ plays your favorite song you requested you really get into it. Hopefully the dances during the rest of the year will also be fun.”

The decorations of the Halloween dance also made it stand out from previous dances because of the fun theme students were able to go along with.

On Monday, October 31st, the fun continued with inter-hall trick or treating, and a hall design competition. At 9:05pm, Frazer Hall opened for students to begin trick or treating. Each hall had unique decorations that the students put together. They decorated with spider webs, skeletons, spooky music, and much more. Students also tried to make the experience as scary as possible. Along with the jump scares and loud noises came candy. The students handed out candy to continue the classic Halloween tradition. This lasted until 9:35pm and then was moved to Goen Hall. MSMS senior Claudia Vial said “After we trick or treated, my favorite part was sorting through all of my candy and trading with my roommates. I was acting like a kid again but it was still fun!”