Dramatic Performance Gets Locked Down

%28from+left+to+right%29+Justin+Smith%2C+Sasha+Edwards%2C+Carolyn+Donovan%2C+and+Jax+Dallas+during+the+MSMS+production+of+Lockdown.+

Courtesy of Dr. Heath Stevens

(from left to right) Justin Smith, Sasha Edwards, Carolyn Donovan, and Jax Dallas during the MSMS production of Lockdown.

Michelle McCullum, Staff Writer

The Dramatic Performance Class performed its biggest play in the class’s history on March 2. As a way of publicizing the event, there were two trailers recorded and uploaded to Youtube with the link sent out to all of the students and teachers. The play itself is full of suspense and draws the viewer in and leaves them wanting more, according to audience members.

“My favorite part of the performance was having the audience watch the hard work that all of us put into the production,” said Carolyn Donovan, an MSMS junior who played Chelsea. The dramatic performance class has put in weeks of practices to learn their lines and perfect their characters.

“The play had me on edge the whole time. I did not know if I should expect to hear gunshots or one of the people on stage to actually be the killer. Imagine my surprise when it ended with a cliffhanger,” said Nathan Carter, an MSMS junior. The play had a completely suspenseful end to it. The knowledge of who did it and what happened was not revealed during the play.

“I feel like an interesting part of the play is when my character and the person playing the teacher ran out of the room because it seems like that is what all the people want to do,” said Savanna Poe, an MSMS junior who played the 9th grade girl. Poe and the teacher, Mrs. Karsh, played by Bri Lancaster, run out of the classroom into the hall where they encountered the “dangerous person” and never returned.

“The play was good. I just wish that there was more action throughout the play,” said Sutton Klein, an MSMS junior. The play was mostly dialogue with a few confrontations between the characters and small reactions to things happening that could not be seen.

The play’s production had a large turnout of 130 viewers and left the audience eager for the next show.