MSMS welcomes Class of 2026 at New Student Orientation

MSMS held its annual New Student Orientation on April 20 to welcome incoming class of juniors to campus with a variety of activities, including tours, a club fair and class selections. 
Courtesy of Caleb Youngblood

MSMS recently held its annual New Student Orientation on April 20 to welcome incoming class of juniors to campus with a variety of activities, including tours, a club fair and class selections. 

The club fair featured over 15 of MSMS’s wide range of clubs including Mu Alpha Theta, Speech and Debate Club, Drama Club and French Club. Junior Cratin Quinnelly represented both The Wave, MSMS’s video production club, and French Club at the fair. He said he was very excited for the future of the clubs he was representing and the upcoming school year.

“[Meeting the upcoming juniors] has been pretty rewarding. I love getting to … see like-minded individuals passionate about academics,” Quinnelly said. “I’m actually so excited. We have a great number of people [signing up for] The Wave currently … so I’m very excited about how far we can take these clubs.”

[Meeting the upcoming juniors] has been pretty rewarding. I love getting to … see like-minded individuals passionate about academics. I’m actually so excited.

— Junior Cratin Quinnelly

Senior Angel Viveros also attended the club fair and represented Imma Baka Pi, MSMS’s cooking club. Although Viveros claimed the club fair was a little loud for his taste, he said he is optimistic for what the Class of 2026 will bring to the MSMS community.

“I am hopeful [for next year],” Viveros said. “I think from what I have encountered with this class, they seem very lively.”

Rising junior Sasha Harvey said the most notable part of her day was attending the fair. 

“I’ve mainly been talking to upcoming seniors about the clubs they like and there’s so many great opportunities here,” Harvey said. “I’m so excited about just meeting new [like-minded] people.”

Rising junior Emma Bernard said she was excited for the new opportunities MSMS provides.

“[I’m excited for] the whole new experience of being on your own and living with a roommate,” Bernard said.

At the fair, junior Anya Klein helped with the clubs she’s part of and also tried to get to know the upcoming class a little better. She gave advice for the rising juniors: “Pick one or two [clubs] that you really like. Don’t pick, like, 12. It’s better to find a couple you really care about and commit to those.”

MSMS seniors and juniors prepare for a club fair at New Student Orientation for the Class of 2026 on April 20. (Michelle Yang)