MSMS Students “Pie” a Teacher for Drama Club

Greg Parker

(from left to right) Mrs. Zarandona and Greg Parker immediately following the aftermath of the pie the teacher.

Shelbi Allen, Staff Writer

MSMS students got to see a chosen teacher get hit in the face with a pie on Nov. 11.  The teacher, Lauren Zarandona (also known as Mrs. Z), was chosen through a fundraising event for MSMS’s Drama Club. From Nov. 9 to Nov. 11, students and faculty had the chance to put money in boxes with various teachers’ names on them. The box and correlating teacher with the most money at the end of the event was the teacher whom got pied at 4:20 on the last Wednesday.

Drama Club Vice President Haley Hsu said, “My favorite part was when the teachers donated money for others to get pied. Mrs. Wagner put a few dollars in for Dr. Bill Odom, and Mrs. Kaye Truitt definitely stuck a few dollars into Mrs. Z’s box.”

She says that the funds raised will go towards more plays. When asked if she thought that Zarandona would win, Hsu said, “Doing these previously at my old school, people wanted to pie teachers that they most disliked. But Mrs. Z is definitely one of the most loved teachers. At first, I was surprised, but after the first day, Mrs. Z was a shoo-in.”

Club Co-President Sasha Edwards said, “We wanted to do something that would get the student body excited and hopefully help them relieve a little stress by the idea of potentially pieing one of their teachers in the face.” Donations reached more than $80 according to Club Co-President West Givens.