MSMS Open House

Rachel Bobo, Editor in Chief

While some current students have attended an educational Super Night or Fall Preview Day in the past, MSMS administration is actively preparing for a different venue to showcase MSMS and its activities. The MSMS Open House, scheduled for Tuesday Sep. 22, is a two-part event intended to further share the mission and meaning of MSMS with Mississippians.

In the morning, invited businesses, politicians and organizations will learn more about “the state of Mississippi’s only public, residential high school specifically designed to meet the needs of the Magnolia State’s most academically gifted students” through an 8 a.m. presentation led by administration and chosen students. Partnerships and further understanding of MSMS will be fostered by opening the doors of MSMS to invited guests.

In the afternoon, Mississippi community members can attend a second MSMS Open House. The community organizations and local businesses MSMS students frequent will be able to develop further understanding of the school situated in their backyard.

Throughout the day, students might spot community leaders and members touring the campus and classrooms. By just being themselves, however, students will be successful liaisons for MSMS.